Saturday, March 27, 2010

McCrank's Juke - Best of SXSW (2010)

McCrank's Juke - Best of SXSW (2010)

What can I say - the final moments of SXSW are almost a week and older. The Austin sponsored party has brought us the token and over-polluted sounds of Broken Bells as well as the crisp and new indie sounds from some of the younger and wiser bands, like Best Coast, Shivaree, and Codeine Velvet Club. You probably got your fill of the hyped up major industry bands and maybe even snuck in to see some of the legends as they graced the various venues on 6th street. Patti Smith and elder rockers like Billy Bragg added some legitimate moments and other bands like The XX capitalized on the scene and the heavy media-ocrasy. I myself tried to steer away from the heavy-hitters and only managed to attact a few of the below musicians. They seemed to be putting it all out on the venue floor and perhaps even creating their own scene and sounds. I must admit, as a child of the 90's I had to take in the Hole concert/explosion which was probably about as mammoth as I could get. With the beers and BBQ flowing this year's fest was almost as good as the last. They seem to be building and shaping this festival to be more dynamic with web, movies, music, interactive. It was an amazing explosion of talent and tastes. As for the Best of SXSW 2010, the below bands are my picks. They managed to distract me and amuse my ears completely. I was starstruck. Honorable mentions go to: Washed Out + Small Black, Jakob Dylan + Neko Case, The Besnard Lakes, and Japandroids. Therefore, here are my picks for The Best of SXSW 2010:

McCrank's Juke - Best of SXSW (2010)
01. Hollywood - Codeine Velvet Club
02. When I'm With You - Best Coast
03. Sleepover - Pomegranates
04. Promises - The Morning Benders
05. Got Friends - The Jealous Sound
06. Floating Vibes - Surfer Blood
07. My Heart Belongs To You - Shivaree
08. Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt - We Are Scientists
09. Lay Down In The Tall Grass - Timber Timbre
10. Sympathy for the Devil / Skinny Little Bitch - Hole

Links Above

No comments: