Monday, March 29, 2010

Florence And The Machine - Live Roundhouse (2009)

Florence And The Machine - Live Roundhouse (2009)

I am not sure I even know what Electric Proms is, but I am sure my friends in the UK can enlighten me. I am guessing it's something like the Black Sessions or the Peel sessions, a chance for a new artist to show their wares and to demonstrate how well they rock. This Florence And The Machine bootleg is straight from the Electric Proms, recorded at the famed Roundhouse Studio Theater in jolly old London, England on 10/22/09. It is from a radio broadcast, so the clarity and songs are straight clean. The set includes my favorites "My Boy Builds Coffins" and "Dog Days Are Over" both of which are polished songs from some very cool demos (posted here a while back). I used to love Florence And The Machine, back when they were new and un-nurtured. I guess I am trying to say that they WERE original and less dance-y and more alternative rock. I guess the demos had more of the artist and less or the producer in them. My early favorites for sure. I know the band is coming in April to SF, so there may be a chance to go see them at The Mezzanine, along with all the other fashion/art students and the goth hangovers. Lastly, it is important to weed through these songs and find your favorite. I would dump the Daft Punk inspired songs and look for the ones that remind you of the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs. You crazy Brits!

Florence And The Machine - Live Roundhouse (2009)
01 - Between Two Lungs
02 - My Boy Builds Coffins
03 - Drumming Song
04 - Hurricane Drunk
05 - Cosmic Love
06 - If I Had A Heart
07 - I'm Not Calling You A Liar
08 - Dog Days Are Over
09 - Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)
10 - You've Got The Love

Links in Comments

3 comments:

McCrank said...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RRAYJUVE

Anonymous said...

Nice one. I'll DL it when I get home from work.

The Electric Proms is just a series of gigs that run alongside the Classical Proms (that have been running for a few hundred years I think) featuring more contemporary artists.

Cheers

lemonflag said...

Thanks