Friday, January 29, 2010

Echo & The Bunnymen - Live House Of Blues (1999)

I am a huge Echo & The Bunnymen fan! These guys are incredible and they manage to shit out songs of all types -- with not a bad one in the bunch. Yes, I think their latest album The Fountain comes close to being complete crap, but it still , after many plays, manages to crack a smile. the boys have been touring enough in the last few years, that anything they released was bound to catch critical acclaim. They could have done a whole lot worse (World Cup Song). This latest installment off the McCrank's Juke, involves the original three members, Ian, Will and Les - playing a live 1999 show in Las Vegas at the House of Blues. This DATmaster recording drips from the BBQ sauce and the staggering sound quality from the show. Recorded on 10/23/1999 the house system is used to pick up Ian Mcculloch and his Frank Sinatra impression, singing on "The Summer Wind" - along with The Stooges cover of "Loose" and classic Bunnymen rarities as: "I Want To Be There (When You Come) " and the b-side "The Fish-Hook Girl". Great forgotten singles that are superb live and raw. This is a classic show and should be in your collection. Big ups to the chaps at VilliersTerrace.com, for posting and recommending this show for the rest of us.

Echo & The Bunnymen - Live House Of Blues (1999)
01 Rescue
02 Crocodiles
03 Evergreen
04 Loose (The Stooges cover)
05 The Fish-Hook Girl
06 Seven Seas
07 Bring On The Dancing Horses
08 Back Of Love
09 What Are You Going To Do With Your Life?
10 Fools Like Us
11 The Killing Moon
12 I Want To Be There (When You Come)
13 Altamont
14 The Cutter
15 Lips Like Sugar
16 Nothing Lasts Forever
17 Do It Clean > Elvis impersonation > Roadhouse Blues (Doors cover)
18 Villiers Terrace
19 Over The Wall
20 Summer Wind (Frank Sinatra cover - a cappella)
21 Ocean Rain

Links in Comments

6 comments:

McCrank said...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K7YNJZVE

Anonymous said...

thank you, dont have this show. Luv bunnymen, would love to hear make me shine live!

McCrank said...

I would love to hear Make Me Shine live too. The Flowers tour -- I think I have that live somewhere...letmelook

Anonymous said...

"Porcupine" belongs in my top 5 albums of all time. Thanks for this rare treat. I'll enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

welcome back!! long time...great stuff

McCrank said...

I love the Bunnymen album Porcupine. It is my second favorite album for sure -- although the first 5 are error free in my book. I will be posting more Bunnymen shows, in fact..