Friday, June 10, 2011

McCrank's Juke - April Mix (2011)

McCrank's Juke - April Mix (2011)

Running more and more behind on this thing. Perhaps it was a good idea to quit, while I was a head. This months list features a bunch of covers, including one from David Bowie and one from the famed Joy Division. Likewise, some new softies from Purity Ring and Dirty Beaches. You have those limited release albums right? Thanks to some steady airplay on SiriusXM and some smart word of mouth via the twitter-verse, these bands have caught my ear and attention. I've added in a few oldies and standby acts, like the indie-cred Titus Andronicus and the upstart band Yuck, both of which have been searing my ears! Great takes on some stale rock. Now that you know what I have been up to, what have you been up to? Bonaroo? Travelling Circus? Interested to hear what you think and that is grabbing your ears and ripping them off? I am off to Vegas shortly and thereafter parts unknown (okay Texas), so I will be grabbing some shows and meeting the people. Remember to kiss them for me!

McCrank's Juke - April Mix (2011)
01. LoftiCries - Purity Ring
02. Need You Now - Cut Copy
03. Whirring - The Joy Formidable
04. A More Perfect Union - Titus Andronicus
05. Operation - Yuck
06. You Might Think (The Cars) - Adam Duritz
07. King Of The Sea - Shannon And The Clams
08. Jean Genie (David Bowie Cover) - Ian Mcculloch
09. Love Will Tear Us Apart (Joy Division Cover) - Dave Gahan
10. True Blue/Lord Knows Best - Dirty Beaches

Links Above

No comments: