Thursday, May 27, 2010

Echo & The Bunnymen - Live Fillmore NYC (2010)

This rare Echo & The Bunnymen treasure was recorded on the most recent tour, May 1, 2010 at the world famous "The Fillmore" in the heart of New York City. As you may have heard the band is on a bit of a resurgance, thanks to some indie cred, the cycle of time, constant touring, and a bit of luck. I mean Slipknot bassist Paul Gray (RIP) may not be feeling this show, but I know I am. With soaring hits like Rescue, Never Stop, Zimbo, Rust and others in the mix - the tour had all the makings of a solid Bunnymen tour. But I guess that is just it - another hits package and donkey roadshow. This has probably been my 7th time seeing them live - so it's a bit of a strain these days to take in another live version of "Seven Seas". I am glad I stomached it and I am blessed to even see Echo & The Bunnymen perform (Ian's not getting any younger is he?), so I guess it's judgement time for yourself. The show has 20 tracks and the highlights are for sure the inclusion of "Do It Clean" and the encore performance of "Lips Like Sugar" and noteably the absence of any of the whimsy tracks from "The Fountain", save the one bright single. If my Make-A-Wish dropped, i guess I would want the Bunnymen to do some really obscure shit like playing "Heaven up Here" back to back with "Crocodiles" - oh wait they're doing that in December in the UK only. Fuck! Second wish would be to truly deliver a fans only tour with obscure hits and some dark takes on previous hits. Maybe someday I will post the ultimate song list for fans, but for now I guess you only get the latest tour from 2010, live and direct. Big ups to whatatemper.blogspot - a guy who loves the Echo & The Bunnymen and Van Halen! Amazing!

Echo & The Bunnymen - Live Fillmore NYC (2010)

01. Going Up
02. Show Of Strength
03. Rescue
04. Villiers Terrace
05. Stormy Weather
06. Seven Seas
07. Bedbugs and Ballyhoo
08. Dancing Horses
09. Rust
10. Think I need It Too
11. Zimbo
12. The Disease
13. All That Jazz
14. Never Stop
15. Back of Love
16. Killing Moon
17. The Cutter
18. Nothing Lasts Forever
19. Do It Clean
20. Lips Like Sugar

Links in Comments

2 comments:

McCrank said...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4KZSFD8A

volcano man said...

I am so honored to be included on McCrank's site!! All the Bunnymen shows I've downloaded off of this site have only fueled my obsession! Thanks!

http://whatatemper.blogspot.com/2010/05/bunnymen-bounce-through-new-york.html