Sunday, April 19, 2009

McCrank's Juke - April Mix (2009)

McCrank's Juke - April Mix (2009)

The year is burning through, as it is already April and time for another McCrank's Juke April Mix. This mixtape features some former SXSW bands, some faded goth tracks and a bit of indie pop from some of your current MTV2 artists. I am back to watching Subterranean and feasting on indie videos. I am also pick-axing Metallica Guitar Hero and looking for some hot albums for 2009. Big ups to Suicide Girls for keeping the fires and looking forward to some breaking tunes and upcoming artists (N.A.S.A. - anyone?). I must admit the return of No Doubt, Prince, Green Day and Eminem seem to be April's bigger stories - but I can't seem to come to grips with bands that are still rehashing the old routines from the 90's. The Slim Shady videos are case in point. Also, hasn't T-Pain killed the voice box yet? The sludge of Clear Channel and hype label music has stung my ears, turning me towards the darker rock of yesteryear. Sad to say I don't have Sirius to bail me out, Phil. Either way, enjoy the below April music mix from McCrank's Juke. (Also, skip the new Prince 3-pack form Target. Get your hands on the "Indigo Nights" live disk from last year's London residency).

McCrank's Juke - April Mix (2009)
01. Face To Face - Siouxsie And The Banshees
02. Blueballs - Eve White, Eve Black
03. Six And Three Quarters - Ipso Facto
04. Sea Within A Sea - The Horrors
06. Lover - Nite Jewel
07. My Love - The Bird and the Bee
08. A Forest [The Cure Cover] - Bat For Lashes
09. StrangePowers - The Magnetic Fields
10. Oh My God - Ida Maria

Links Above

No comments: