Friday, December 26, 2008

McCrank's Juke - December Mix (2008)

McCrank's Juke - December Mix (2008)

I must admit the Facebook phenom is waring off on me. (Missed me lately have you?) With the latest posting about the Best of 2008 and an upcoming post (new albums for 2009) I have been hitting the music scene more regularly. Locating bands I missed in 2008 and finding music that is rare, unreleased and ready to blow-up. From the musings of The Cribs to the electronica of Booka Shade. I have composed a special December mix that captures my monthly favorites. A McCrank's Juke playlist if you will (yes, it's on my ipod). Let me know your favorites and current musical obsessions. I must admit I grow weary of Coldplay and Lil Wayne related "Sam Goody" rock and rap. Hit me with your special indie-cred list and I will publish it here on McCrank's Juke. The rest of you stay silent.

McCrank's Juke - December Mix (2008)
01. Sweet Lies (Radio Edit) - Booka Shade
02. Come Back - Magnetic Morning
03. Breathe Into Glass - Asobi Seksu
04. Panic - The Cribs w/Johnny Marr
05. There's Been An Accident - Twilight Singers
06. Drug Deal Blues - Angelo Badalamenti & David Lynch
07. Sweeter Than Sweet - Lulu Rouge
08. Converging In The Quiet - Crystal Stilts
09. Undertow - Stars

10. My Dearest Love - Morrissey

Links Above

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't tell you what's what in 2008 but if you're looking for good tunes a little bit off the beaten track you could check out:

The Hollywood Brats (UK NY Dolls with even cathier tunes)

The Exploding Hearts (The best pop/punk band since the 70's and early 80's) RIP

Pelle Carlberg

Voxtrot

The Soda Pop Kids

The Fiery Furnaces

Anonymous said...

Moz should've held out My Dearest Love for his new album so more could hear it. It's one of my favorite tunes of his of late...here's hoping the rest of Years of Refusal (well, the half of the album we haven't heard live yet) sounds as good.